Saturday, March 29, 2014

Chapters 2 & 3

   It has been a struggle since our stranding. Or, for me, at least. I can barely put my two cents in without someone telling me to shut up. We have two meetings a day every day to discuss what our little society needs to survive. Whoever holds the conch may speak. Or, at least, that's what I thought.You see, the whole tribe decided for god knows what reason that we needed a fire.We went and tried to light it manually. But, it wouldn't light. Then, a terrible thing happened. Instead of trying to light it with flint or kindling, they stole my glasses and made a fire with them. Now, in addition to being the proverbial village idiot due to my density, I am blind.
   Livid about this new development, I decided to give a piece of my mind to Jack. But, he and all the other imbeciles on this island now tragically disregard the conch, with Ralph being the exception. If it weren't for Ralph, we'd be clucking like chickens right now. But, finally, after he and Jack posted their opinions, I went on a rant about how I feel about how I am being treated as a second class citizen. They seemed to listen, right up until the kid that reported the snake went missing. Then, I was yelled at because the little brats don't know how to hold still and state their names. I feel I just can't win. Jack and Ralph are arguing a lot. And, I feel soon that since no one will listen to me, we will all convert to anarchy.

I still maintain the feeling I have in the previous post. I feel Piggy is Albert Einstein in a room full of kindergarteners. Because I feel this way a lot, I completely understand his situation. But, as a person who wears glasses, I gotta say, I really feel bad about Piggy's glasses. If I were in a similar predicament, I would be so angry that I'd be wearing Jack as my new shoe. I'm surprised Jack hasn't got hit yet.

"Like a pack of kids!" This quote is important because the kids vowed to act like adults on the island. They vowed to have order. But, now, they don't. And, only Piggy sees it.

No comments:

Post a Comment